Friday, September 4, 2015

Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes


Gordon Jack

Plot Summary

Max Cantrell's lies never got him into this much trouble before, even when he started a small business at school selling forged parent permission slips and excuses for absences. But then his best friend goes missing and everyone blames him. Suddenly it appears that someone is framing him for murder, which means he's either got to get to the truth or face prison.

Critical Evaluation

I rate this book an 8 out of 10.  At first, I thought it was obvious who was framing Max for his friend's murder, but as the story develops, I found my assumptions challenged again and again until I had no idea who was responsible. This made this mystery a real page turner for me. The author also does a great job making you care about what happens to the central character, a foster child who has few advantages, except knowledge of how to survive on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment