Thursday, June 2, 2016

Willow by Julia Hoban



Yadira Garzon

Plot Summary
This book is about a girl who blames herself for killing her parents in a car accident where she was the driver. She meets Guy, who knows her secret: that she is cutting herself to relieve her suffering. He doesn't tell her brother about her cutting and tries to help her overcome it by giving her love.

Critical Evaluation
I rate this book 9 out of10 because it's really interesting but it moves slow. I recommend this book to everyone, especially if you have lost a parent. Like Willow, I lost my dad and my brother and I got distant.  In the book, Willow loses her parents in a car crash and her brother doesn't really talk to her about it, even though he is taking care of her. It isn't until she meets Guy that she begins to feel love and stop cutting herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment