Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Edge Of Flight by Kate Jaimet

Henry Nguyen

Plot summary
Rock climbers Vanisha and Rusty face a field of marijuana.  When their friend Jeb gets shot, they try to save him.  But in order to do that, Vanisha must climb the Edge Of Flight, the toughest rock climbing route that she has faced.

Critical Evaluation
I rate this book a 10 out of 10 because when reading this book you can picture every little detail like in this example, "A rock sticks out like a stepping-stone. I pose my left foot on it, gently. It seems solid. I begin to shift my weight. But the rock breaks off beneath my foot. My leg fails in the air. I grip the cliff face tighter and hug my body against it." This quote talks about how Vanisha was climbing the Edge Of Flight, in order to find some help to save Jeb. The book inspired me in many ways. When I was done reading the book I thought how fun it would be to rock climb, how you can use rock climbing skills in saving others or climbing to the roof of a house to retrieve something that got stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment