Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

Image result for twisted by laurie halse anderson

Madeline Cruz 

Summary:
This book is about a suicidal teenage boy who goes into his senior year trying to finish high school as fast as possible. His dad is a total bully, his best friend is dating his sister, and the love of his life doesn’t even know he exists. But everything changes once he gets to school and people see he has changed. He’s bigger, smarter, and even badder, making the love of his life take a second look. But there’s one problem, Bethany’s brother doesn’t seem to happy to see him.

Excerpt:
“I was so desperate to make this night happen, I took the school bus home. The upperclassmen stared at me like I had lost my mind. I nearly told them I had an almost date with Bethany Milbury ( I’ll see you tonight, right?) but that would have tempted the fate, so I scowled at them instead.”

Critical Evaluation:
I liked the book because it made me wonder what would happen next each time I stopped reading. The author really made the book have some really intense parts which really grabbed my attention.This book deserves a 8 out of 10 stars because at times there would be boring parts where it wouldn’t get my attention as much as how the intense parts of the book did.

No comments:

Post a Comment